Contra Dancing Schedule
- Thursdays, 8:00-11:00 Lake City Community Center, 12531 28th Ave NE, Lake City Contra/Old Time Country Dance, Local & Touring Bands, $10.00 (students/seniors $8.00, kids & first-time contradancers free).
- Fridays, 7:30-10:00, Emerald City Contradance at Phinney Neighborhood Center Community Hall (Lower Building), 6532 Phinney N. $8.00. Beginners workshop at 7:00pm. First time contra dancers receive a coupon for free admission to a future dance.
- 2nd Saturdays, 8:00-11:00, Eastside Contradance at Juanita Community Club Dance Hall, 13027 100th Ave NE, Kirkland, $9 (students $5), lesson at 7:30p. Promoted by Folk Horizons
- Open Band, Open-caller dance. In need of new volunteers to organize.
- 1st Sunday 3:00-5:00 Family Dance (contras, squares, etc. for kids under 10 and their families) at Phinney Neighborhood Center Community Hall (Lower Building), 6532 Phinney N $6/person, $18 max. per family
Nearby Contra Dances
- 2nd Friday contra in Vancover, Contra in The Couve
- 1st Saturday in Port Angeles, Sept. through May. Beginners' workshop at 7:30, dance 8:00 - 11:30. Black Diamond Community Dance at Black Diamond Community Center, 1942 Black Diamond Rd, Port Angeles. $8. Information: Erran (360)457-8421 or Tom (360)457-5667
- 1st Saturdays, Ellensburg Contra Dance
- 1st, 2nd, & 4th Saturdays, Olympia Contra Dance, at the South Bay Grange (3918 Sleater-Kinney Rd. NE; Olympia, Washington). 8:00-11:00pm, 7:30 basics workshop.
- 2nd, 4th and 5th Sat, 7:30-10:30, Bellingham Old Time Country Dance. Fairhaven Library, 1117 12th St. Bellingham, WA. Beginner's Workshop 7:00 pm. For more information see the BCDS home page
- 2nd Saturday, Apple Country Contra Dancers, Broadway Grange, Yakima. Contact: Shelly Jenkins, 509-966-0044
- 2nd Saturday Contra and 5th Saturday squares, Port Townsend Community Dances
- 3rd Friday, 8:00-10:00pm, Sallal Grange, 12912 432nd Ave. SE, North Bend. Beginner's workshop at 7:30pm. Suggested donation is $5-$10. Questions: Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-528-3723.
- 3rd Saturday, 8:00-11:00, Tacoma Contra Dance, Christ Church Wells Hall, 310 North K St, Tacoma, visiting bands every month, workshop at 7:30, $8.00, Info: Matt Temmel at 253-752-6483 or email@example.com
- 5th Saturday Contra Dance in Tacoma; 8:00-11:00; Christ Church Wells Hall, 310 North K St, Tacoma; workshop at 7:30. $8.00; discounts SFS members, 65 up, 18 and less workshop at 7:30. See schedule, including caller/band details, directions to the dance and more. Info: philkatz@ZZZZhalcyon.com, 206-722-8228.
- Monthly in Anacortes, Skagit Contra Dancers, 7:00 - 9:30pm. Music by Flowing Tide band. Check web site for event calendar and venue. $8 at the door. Information: Bill or Betty 360-755-3969.
- Monthly Octoberr through May, Saturday, Darrington Community Dance Instruction 6:30, dance 7:00. Suggested donation: $7. Mansford Grange, 1265 Railroad Rd, Darrington. Information: Matthew 206-402-8646.
Other Contra Dance InformationPlease respect the health needs of many dancers and come fragrance-free, thanks.