English Country Dances
Dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below. When the SCC is not available, dances may be held at St. Andrews Church (STA). Please check this page shortly before each dance to learn of any changes in location.
Dances are generally the 1st, 3rd, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Newcomers session from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. Dance from 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
- General admission $8, SCC members $6, students $5.
- 1st & 5th Fridays, Local/visiting callers & musicians.
- 3rd Fridays, Laurie Andres and friends.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Information on English Country DancingFor a Beginner’s Guide by the Santa Cruz English Country Dancers, click here.
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, email@example.com
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Bestock, 206-329-7289, email@example.com
Programs of Previous Seattle DancesFor programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.
- May 17th - Laurie Andres caller. Music by Laurie Andres and Ruthie Dornfeld.
- May 31 - Charlene Kern caller. Music by Anita Anderson, Kimberly McKittrick and Betsy Cooper.
- June 7 - Nan Evans caller. Music by Fred Nussbaum, Julie King, Libby Schnick, and Dick Lynn.
- June 21 - Laurie Andres caller. Music by Laurie Andres and Brandon Vance.
- July 5 - NO DANCE - TAKE NOTE!!! Enjoy the July 4th weekend.
- July 12th - TBA
- July 19th - Mary Stevens Zarich and Peter Zarich callers. Music by Laurie Andres, Betsy Alexander and Charles Coldwell.