Seattle English Country Dances
Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Regular Friday dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Occasionally dances are held at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 111 NE 80th St, Seattle, WA 98115.
- Newcomers session from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. Dance from 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
- General admission $8, SCC members $6, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Sunday Afternoon Tea Dances
- Tea Dances are held at the Cedar Valley Grange, Lynnwood (map info), from 4:00pm until 6:30pm.
- Newcomers session from 3:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Admission $7, students $5.
2016 Regular Schedule
- Feb 7 - Tea Dance - Caller - Charlene Kern. Music by Charles Coldwell and Dawn Corl.
- Feb 12 - Caller - Karen Shaw. Music by Laurie Andres, Charles Coldwell and Olga Hauptman.
- Feb 21- Tea Dance - Callers - Mary and Peter Zarich. Pre Seattle Ball workshop. Music by Terry Wergeland and Cara Beth Wilson.
- Feb 26 - Callers - Russell Owen and Charlene Kern. Music by Laurie Andres, Betsy Alexander, and Charles Coldwell. ALL ARE WELCOME! $10.00 To be held at the Mercer Island Church.
- March 6 - Tea Dance - Callers Peter Zarich and Gordie Swartzman. Music TBA
- March 11 - Caller - Victoria Beststock. Music by Julie King, Karen Iglitzin, and Betsy Cooper.
- March 20 - Tea Dance - Caller - Russell Owen. Music by Sande Gillette and Anita Anderson.
- March 25 - Caller - Laurie Andres. Music by Laurie Andres and friends.
- April 3 - Tea Dance - Callers - Mary and Peter Zarich. Music by Charles Coldwell and friends.
- Seattle English Country Ball, Saturday, February 27, 2016, 12:30pm-3:00pm workshop, 7:00pm-11:00pm dance.
Congregational Church of Mercer Island, 4545 Island Crest Way, Mercer Island.
Dancing Master: Scott Higgs; Musicians: Terry Wergeland, Marni Rachmiel, Ruthie Dornfeld, and Dave Bartley.
Admission by pre-registration only: $40.
- CASCADIA 2016 will be held on April 29th, 30th and May 1st.
Dance Master is Sue Dupre.
Special caller is Nan Evans.
Laurie Andres is our Musical Director.
Registration is open!
Information on English Country Dancing
For a Beginner’s Guide by the Santa Cruz English Country Dancers, click here.
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, email@example.com
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Bestock, 206-329-7289, email@example.com
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.