English Country Dances
Dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below. When the SCC is not available, dances may be held at St. Andrews Church (STA). Please check this page shortly before each dance to learn of any changes in location.
Dances are generally the 1st, 3rd, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Newcomers session from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. Dance from 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
- General admission $8, SCC members $6, students $5.
- 1st & 5th Fridays, Local/visiting callers & musicians.
- 3rd Fridays, Laurie Andres and friends.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Information on English Country Dancing
For a Beginner’s Guide by the Santa Cruz English Country Dancers, click here.
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, email@example.com
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Bestock, 206-329-7289, email@example.com
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.
Cascadia - April 25-27, 2014 Registration is now open!
2014 Regular Friday Schedule
- March 7th - Russell Owen - caller. Music by Joe Bowbeer, Dave Bartley, and Marni Rachmiel.
- March 21st - Laurie Andres - caller. Music by Laurie Andres and Ruthie Dornfeld.
- April 4th - Charlene Kern - caller. Music by Julie King, Sande Gillette, and Betsy Cooper.
- April 18th - SPECIAL DANCE- Nan Evans - caller. Music by Jacqueline Schwab from Bare Necessities and Fred Nussbaum.
- April 25th - OPEN DANCE - CASCADIA weekend- Sharon Green caller- Musicians- TBA Mercer Island Congregational Church, Mercer Island
- May 2nd - Caller - TBA. Music by Julie King and friends.
- May 16th - Laurie Andres caller. Music by Laurie Andres and friends.
- June 6th - Karen Shaw caller. Music by Terry Wergeland and friends.
- June 20th - Laurie Andres - caller. Music by Laurie Andres and friends.