Seattle English Country Dances
Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Regular Friday dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Occasionally dances are held at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 111 NE 80th St, Seattle, WA 98115.
- Newcomers session from 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Dance from 8:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
- General admission $10.00, SCC members $8, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Sunday Afternoon Tea Dances
- Tea Dances are held at the Cedar Valley Grange, Lynnwood (map info), from 4:00 pm until 6:30 pm.
- Newcomers session from 3:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Admission $8, students $5.
2016 Regular Schedule
- Aug 26 - NO DANCE - ENJOY THE WEEKEND AS WE TAKE A BREAK!!
- September 9 - Swedish Club - Caller- Karen Shaw. Music by Dawn Corl, Ruthie Dornfeld, and Charles Coldwell.
- Sept 18 - Tea Dance - Caller - Russell Owen. Music by Dawn Corl and Sande Gillette.
- September 23 - Swedish Club - Caller - Laurie Andres. Music by Laurie Andres and friends
- September 30 - Swedish Club - Caller - Victoria Bestock. Music by Terry Wergeland, CaraBeth Wilson, and Marianne Tatom
- Oct 2 - Tea Dance - Caller and Music TBA
- Oct 14 - Caller - Russell Owen. Music by Julie King, Sandy Gillette, and Betsy Cooper.
- Oct 16 - Tea Dance - Caller - Karen Shaw. Music by Anita Anderson and Sande Gillette.
- Oct 28 - Swedish - SPECIAL COSTUME HALLOWEEN DANCE
Information on English Country Dancing
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, email@example.com
- Mary Zarich, (425) 771-2973, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.