English Country Dances
Dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below. When the SCC is not available, dances may be held at St. Andrews Church (STA). Please check this page shortly before each dance to learn of any changes in location.
Dances are generally the 1st, 3rd, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Newcomers session from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. Dance from 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
- General admission $8, SCC members $6, students $5.
- 1st & 5th Fridays, Local/visiting callers & musicians.
- 3rd Fridays, Laurie Andres and friends.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Information on English Country Dancing
For a Beginner’s Guide by the Santa Cruz English Country Dancers, click here.
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, email@example.com
- Victoria Bestock, 206-329-7289, firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.
2013-2014 Regular Friday Schedule
- Dec 6th - Victoria Bestock - caller. Musicians Julie King, Betsy Cooper and Kimberly McKittrick.
- Dec 20th - Laurie Andres - caller. Music by Laurie Andres and Brandon Vance.
- Jan 3rd - Mary and Peter Zarich - callers. Music by Anita Anderson, Karen Iglitzen, and Ariana Nelson.
- Jan 17th - Orly Krasner - caller. Music by Laurie Andres and others.
- Jan 31st - Laura Me Smith - caller. Music by Julian Adamaitis, Susan Burke, Betsy Cooper, and Joe Michaels.
- Feb 7th - Rosemary Lach - caller. Music by Laurie Andres and others.
- Feb 21st - SPECIAL PRE- BALL DANCE AT MERCER ISLAND CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH. Music by Julie King, Dave Bartley and Claude Ginsburg.
- Feb 22nd - THE SEATTLE BALL - Joanna Reiner - Dance Mistress. Music by MI 5-Julie King, Dave Bartley and Claude Ginsburg.
- March 4th - Russell Owen - caller. Musicians TBA.
- March 21st - Laurie Andres - caller. Music by Laurie Andres and others.
- April 4th - Karen Shaw - caller. Music by Julie King, Sande Gillette, and Betsy Cooper.