Seattle English Country Dances
Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Newcomers session from 7:30pm to 8:00pm. Dance from 8:00pm to 10:30pm.
- General admission $8, SCC members $6, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
2014 Regular Schedule
- Nov 28 - AFTER THANKSGIVING POTLUCK DINNER AND DANCE - Seattle caller - Laurie Andres. Music by Laurie Andres and Cathie Whitesides. Dinner time: 6:00pm. Dance starts when we finish the food!
- Dec 7 - Seattle caller - Charlene Kern. Music by Guinevere Saenger and Olga Hauptman. Cedar Valley Grange - Time 4-6:30 pm
- Dec 12 - Seattle caller - Karen Shaw. Music by Terry Wergeland, Joe Bowbeer, and Charles Coldwell.
- Dec 26 - BOXING DAY DANCE - Caller - Laurie Andres. Music by Laurie Andres, Charles Coldwell and Marianne Tatom.
- May 1-3, 2015: Cascadia - An English Country Dance Weekend. With Dancing Master Brad Foster, and special caller Rosemary Lach. New location, more parking, details coming soon.
Information on English Country Dancing
For a Beginner’s Guide by the Santa Cruz English Country Dancers, click here.
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, email@example.com
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Bestock, 206-329-7289, email@example.com
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.