Seattle English Country Dances
Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Regular Friday dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Occasionally dances are held at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 111 NE 80th St, Seattle, WA 98115.
- Newcomers session from 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Dance from 8:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
- General admission $10.00, SCC members $8, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Sunday Afternoon Tea Dances
- Tea Dances are held at the Cedar Valley Grange, Lynnwood (map info), from 4:00 pm until 6:30 pm.
- Newcomers session from 3:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Admission $7, students $5.
2016 Regular Schedule
- July 8 - Swedish Club - Caller - Laura Mé Smith. Music by Julie King, Susan Burke, and Betsy Cooper.
- July 17 - Tea Dance - Caller - Victoria Bestock - Music by Terry Wergeland, Betsy Cooper and Dennis Calvin.
- July 22 - Swedish Club - Caller - Laurie Andres. Music by Laurie Andres, Ruthie Dornfeld, and friends.
- August 12 - Swedish Club - Caller - Charlene Kern - Music by Terry Wergeland, Joe Grote, Mary Varnum, and Dennis Calvin.
- September 9 - Swedish Club - Caller- Russell Owen. Music TBA
- September 23 - Swedish Club - Caller - Laurie Andres. Music by Laurie Andres and friends
- September 30 - Swedish Club - Caller - Victoria Bestock. Music by Terry Wergeland, CaraBeth Wilson, and Marianne Tatom
Information on English Country Dancing
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, email@example.com
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Zarich, (425) 771-2973, email@example.com
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.