Seattle English Country Dances
Dances are generally the 2nd, 4th, & 5th Fridays, plus occasional other events.
- Regular Friday dances are held at the Swedish Cultural Center (SCC), unless otherwise noted in the schedule below.
- Occasionally dances are held at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 111 NE 80th St, Seattle, WA 98115.
- Newcomers session from 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Dance from 8:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
- General admission $10.00, SCC members $8, students $5.
- For the enjoyment of all, please refrain from wearing scented products.
Sunday Afternoon Tea Dances
- Tea Dances may be held at various venues. As we have more information, it will be posted here.
- Admission $10.00
- Seattle Ball- Weekend of Feb 24-26, 2017
- CASCADIA WEEKEND - May 5-7, 2017
2016 Regular Schedule
- Dec 4 - Tea Dance - Caller - Laura Me Smith. Music by Julie King and Betsy Cooper.
5031 University Way NE
- Dec 9 - Swedish Club - Caller Karen Shaw NOTE: This dance will be held on the main floor at the Swedish Club, and NOT in the ballroom! - Music by Amy Englesberg, Sande Gillette, and Melissa Coffey.
- Dec 18 - Tea Dance - Caller- Gordie Swartzman. Music by Marcy Kubbs and Olga Hauptman
- Dec 23 - Swedish Club - Caller - Laurie Andres. Music by Laurie Andres and friends.
Information on English Country Dancing
For information about English Country Dancing in Seattle, please contact:
- Karen Shaw, 206-784-2028, email@example.com
- Jean Causey, 206-525-6065, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Zarich, (425) 771-2973, email@example.com
For more about what English Country Dancing is, click here.
For Judi Rivkin's animated English Country Dance Terms, click here.
Programs of Previous Seattle Dances
For programs of previous Seattle dances, click Seattle ECD Programs.